Senior Living in Dannebrog, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Dannebrog, NE: 68831
- Dannebrog scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Dannebrog scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Francis Medical Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Matelyn Retirement Community and Primrose Retirement Communities)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Sentura Hills Golf Club, Indianhead Golf Course, and Ravenna Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (City Ball Parks).
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Cairo United Methodist Church, Cairo United Methodist Church, and Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,393, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,270, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,847 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,970 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.23%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dannebrog receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Dannebrog has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Dannebrog has a very sparse population density of 12.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dannebrog have a long daily commute time.
- Dannebrog has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.09%.