Senior Living in Danvers, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Danvers, MN: 56231
- Danvers scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Danvers scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Appleton Municipal Hospital and Swift County Benson Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Central Minnesota Senior Care, Golden LivingCenter - Meadow Lane, and Appleton Area Health Services - Hospital.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Appleton Golf Club, Benson Golf Club, and Crossings, The.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Ambush Park).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Assembly of God Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,739, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,375, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,962, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.48%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danvers receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Danvers has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Danvers has a very sparse population density of 3.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danvers have a short daily commute time.
- Danvers has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.68%.