Senior Living in Danville, Iowa
Top zip codes in Danville, IA: 52623
- Danville scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Danville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Great River Medical Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Danville Care Center, New London Specialty Care, and Great River Klein Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Deerwood Golf Club, Spirit Hollow Golf Course, and Burlington Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Geode State Park, Drulis Park, and Lake Wilderness Campground Inc.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Freedom In Christ Worship Center, Armstrong H, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,561, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,513, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Danville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Danville has a very sparse population density of 34.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danville have a short daily commute time.
- Danville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.26%.