Senior Living in Danville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Danville, IN: 46122
- Danville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Danville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hendricks Regional Health and Indiana University Health West Hospital).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ivy Trace , Cypress Manor, and Danville Regional Rehabilitation.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Bridges Golf Club, Hendricks County Golf Course, and Prestwick Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Ellis Park, Washington Township Park, and Avon Town Hall Park.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Danville, Danville Christian Church, and Mary Queen of Peace Catholic.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,839, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,004, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,549, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,411 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,070 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Danville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Danville has a sparse population density of 166.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Danville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.02%.