Senior Living in Danville, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Danville, KY: 40422
- Danville scores lower than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Danville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ephraim Mcdowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim Mcdowell Fort Logan Hospital, and Fort Logan Hospital.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McDowell Place of Danville, Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center SNU, and Danville Centre For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Danville Country Club, Old Bridge Golf Club, and Dix River Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Danville-Boyle Co Parks & Rec, Millennium Park, and Constitution Square State Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Vision Church of Holiness, Sycamore Church of Christ, and Danville Church of God.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,793, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,886, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,596, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Danville has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Danville has a sparse population density of 211.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danville have a short daily commute time.
- Danville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.64%.