Senior Living in Danville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Danville, OH: 43014
- Danville scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Danville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Mount Vernon, Country Court, and Star Home Health Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Valley Golf Club, Hidden Hills Golf Course, and Tomahawk Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Kokosing Valley Camp & Canoe, Rainbow Springs Family Campground, and Mohican Reservation Campgrounds and Canoeing.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Danville Church of Christ, River of Life Community Church, and Grove Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,314, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,682, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,005, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.93%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Danville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Danville has a very sparse population density of 55.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danville have a very long daily commute time.
- Danville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.19%.