Senior Living in Danville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Danville, PA: 17821
- Danville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Danville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Geisinger Medical Center, Danville State Hospital, and Bloomsburg Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maria Joseph Manor, The Meadows at Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community, and Vintage Knolls.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Frosty Valley Country Club, Liberty Valley Country Club, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Splash Magic Campground, Indian Head Campground, and Knoebels Campground.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including Neufer P Dale, St Joseph School, and Christ Memorial Episcopal Chr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,733, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,561, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,143, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Danville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Danville has a sparse population density of 136.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danville have a very short daily commute time.
- Danville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.91%.