Senior Living in Daphne, Alabama
Top zip codes in Daphne, AL: 36526
- Daphne scores higher than the Alabama average of 72.
- Daphne scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Medical and Thomas Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Brennity at Daphne, The Brennity at Daphne, and Gardens of Daphne.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Nine Course at Lake Forest Yacht & Country Club, Dogwood/Pines Course at TimberCreek Golf Club, and Steelwood.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Al Trione Sports Complex, Bayfront Park, and Fairhope Municipal Park.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including Eastern Shore Baptist Church, Crossroads Church Belforest, and Daphne Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,800, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,444, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,309, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,753 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,040 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.45%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Daphne receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Daphne has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Daphne has an average population density of 745.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Daphne have an average daily commute time.
- Daphne has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.37%.