Senior Living in Darien Center, New York
Top zip codes in Darien Center, NY: 14040
- Darien Center scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Darien Center scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Brothers of Mercy , The Brothers of Mercy Sacred Heart Adult Home, and New York State Veterans\' Home at Batavia.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Chestnut Hill Country Club, Attica Golf Club, and Quiet Times Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Darien Lakes State Park, Darien Lake Amusement Park, and Hidden Valley Animal Adventure.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including True Jerry E, Presbyterian Church, and North Darien Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,374, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,875, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,111, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.16%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Darien Center receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Darien Center has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Darien Center has a very sparse population density of 75.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Darien Center have a long daily commute time.
- Darien Center has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.90%.