Senior Living in Darlington, Indiana
Top zip codes in Darlington, IN: 47940
- Darlington scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Darlington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Clare Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bickford of Crawfordsville, Wellbrooke of Crawfordsville, and Hickory Creek at Crawfordsville.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Crawfordsville Country Club, Rocky Ridge Golf CLub, and Crawfordsville Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Old Mill Run Park, Crawfordsville KOA, and Milligan Park Shop.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Christian Church, Christian Church, and Christian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,778, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,771, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,103, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.41%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Darlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Darlington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Darlington has a very sparse population density of 35.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Darlington have an average daily commute time.
- Darlington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.05%.