Senior Living in Darlington, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Darlington, WI: 53530
- Darlington scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Darlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Hsptl Lafayette Cty).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lafayette Manor, Southwest Family Care Alliance, and Shullsburg Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Darlington Country Club, Dodge Point Country Club, and Ludden Lake Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Yellowstone Lake State Park and Lake Joy Campground).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (First Baptist Church and St Mathew\'s Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,897, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,923, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,357, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.98%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Darlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Darlington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Darlington has a very sparse population density of 34.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Darlington have a short daily commute time.
- Darlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.99%.