Senior Living in Darwin, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Darwin, MN: 55324
- Darwin scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Darwin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Meeker Memorial Hospital and Hutchinson Area Health Care).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lakeview Ranch Dassel, Augustana Care Lakeside Campus, and Emmanuel Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Litchfield Golf Club, Crow River Country Club, and Cokato Town & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lakedale Campground, Collinwood Regional Park Campground, and Collinwood Lake Park.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Church, Christian Church of Litchfield-office, and Christian Church of Litchfield.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.58% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,096, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,778, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,488, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.38%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Darwin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Darwin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Darwin has a very sparse population density of 35.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Darwin have an average daily commute time.
- Darwin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.57%.