Senior Living in Dauphin, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dauphin, PA: 17018
- Dauphin scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dauphin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Edgewater Psychiatric Center, Pinnaclehealth System, and Pinnacle Health Hospitals.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jewish Home of Greater Harrisburg, The Manor at Oakridge, and Kindred Place at Harrisburg.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Harrisburg, Colonial Country Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Ibberson Conservation Area State Park, Boyd Big Tree Conservation Area State Park, and Lake Tobias Wildlife Park.
- There are 306 churches in or near the city, including St Matthew\'s Catholic Church, St Matthew\'s Catholic Church, and St Matthew\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,039, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,033, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,374, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.73%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dauphin receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dauphin has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dauphin has a sparse population density of 108.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dauphin have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Dauphin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.96%.