Senior Living in Davenport, Florida
- Davenport scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Davenport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Heart Of Florida Regional Medical Center, Heart Of Florida Reg Med Ctr, and Winter Haven Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Crossroads, Savannah Court of Haines City, and Heart of Florida Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 91 golf courses in or around the city, including Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club, The International Course at ChampionsGate Golf Resort, and Deer Creek Golf & Tennis RV Resort.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Orlando S.W. / Fort Summit KOA, Fort Summit Koa Campground, and Themeworld RV Resort.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Ridge Assembly of God, and Auntie\'s Christian Ministry.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,620, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,475, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,823, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.77%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davenport receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Davenport has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Davenport has a sparse population density of 461.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davenport have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Davenport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.66%.