Senior Living in Davenport, Iowa
- Davenport scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Davenport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Genesis Medical Center-davenport, Trinity Medical Center, and Trinity Rock Island.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Francis Chateau, Petersen Commons Assisted Living, and Good Samaritan Society - Davenport.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 240 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Duck Creek Golf Course, Credit Island Golf Course, and Emeis Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Fejervary Park, Northwest Park, and Schuetzen Park.
- There are 174 churches in or near the city, including Word of Life Christian Ctr, First Baptist Church, and Progressive Baptist Church.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 101 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,270, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,380, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,165, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davenport receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Davenport has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Davenport has a dense population density of 1,786.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davenport have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Davenport has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 88.84%.