Senior Living in Davenport, North Dakota
Top zip codes in Davenport, ND: 58021
- Davenport scores significantly higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Davenport scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Home Sweet Home Elder Care, Good Samaritan Society - Fargo, and Eventide Sheyenne Crossings.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple River Golf Club, Oxbow Golf & Country Club, and Rose Creek Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Rendezvous Park, West Fargo Park District, and Red River Valley Fair Campground.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Canaan Moravian Church, Kindred Lutheran Church, and Davenport Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.82% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,298, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,875, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,955, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.81%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davenport receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Davenport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Davenport has a very sparse population density of 6.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davenport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Davenport has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.34%.