Senior Living in Davidsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Davidsville, PA: 15928
- Davidsville scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Davidsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital, Upmc Lee Regional, and Windber Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Laurel View Village, Arbutus Park, and Church of the Brethren Personal Care Suites.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (49% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Johnstown Municipal Golf Course, Sunnehanna Country Club, and North Fork Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Stackhouse Park, Gallitzin State Forest, and Johnstown Flood National Memorial.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including St David\'s Evangelical Luth, Acosta Church of God, and Benscreek Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,461, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,595, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,869, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davidsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Davidsville has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Davidsville has a sparse population density of 315.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davidsville have a short daily commute time.
- Davidsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.53%.