Senior Living in Davis, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Davis, NC: 28524
- Davis scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Davis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including PruittHealth - Sea Level, Snug Harbor On Nelson Bay, and Harborview Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Brandywine Bay Golf Club, Morehead City Country Club, and Bogue Banks Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Coastal Riverside Campground, National Park Services, and Cape Lookout Rv Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Faith Tabernacle of Praise).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,629, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,500, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,637, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.57%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davis receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Davis has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Davis has a very sparse population density of 76.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davis have a very long daily commute time.
- Davis has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.