Senior Living in Davis, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Davis, SD: 57021
- Davis scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Davis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pioneer Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Lennox, Pioneer Memorial Nursing Home, and Centerville Care and Rehab .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Par Mar Country Club, Beresford Country Club, and Spring Creek Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Forever Friends Pet Cemetery & Cremation Services).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Magdalen\'s Catholic Church, First English Lutheran Church, and Ebenezer Presbyterian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,977, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,063, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,565, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.63%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davis receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Davis has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Davis has a very sparse population density of 8.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davis have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Davis has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.32%.