Senior Living in Davison, Michigan
Top zip codes in Davison, MI: 48423
- Davison scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Davison scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hurley Medical Center, Lapeer Regional Medical Center, and Genesys Regional Medical Center - Health Park.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Davison, Hyde Park Asisted Living - Cottage of Davison, and Kra-nur /Bristol Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 244 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Sugarbush Golf Club, Copper Ridge Golf Club, and Davison Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Meadowview Memorial Gardens, Outdoor Adventures, Lake Shore Resort, and For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum.
- There are 166 churches in or near the city, including Stat Transcription & Billing, First Baptist Church-Davison, and St John Catholic Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 124 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,515, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,834, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,504, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.85%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Davison receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Davison has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Davison has a sparse population density of 498.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Davison have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Davison has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.82%.