Senior Living in Dawson, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Dawson, NE: 68337
- Dawson scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Dawson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Acres Nursing Home, Falls City Healthcare Community, and Falls City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Kirkman\'s Lakeview Golf Course, Falls City Country Club, and Sabetha Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Kirkmans Cove Recreation Area, Stanton Lake Park, and Stanton Lake Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Ayore Church, Baptist Church, and Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,811, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,212, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,350, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.57%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dawson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dawson has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Dawson has a very sparse population density of 5.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dawson have a long daily commute time.
- Dawson has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.19%.