Senior Living in Dayton, Indiana
Top zip codes in Dayton, IN: 47941
- Dayton scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Dayton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Elizabeth East, Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital, and St Elizabeth Central.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vista Pointe Estates, Creasy Springs Health Campus, and Aster Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Lafayette Country Club(Lafayette Course at Lafayette Country Club ), Lafayette Municipal Golf Course, and Angel Hill Golf Course.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Fairfield Lakes Park, Big Fish-N-Campground, and Jerry E. Clegg Botanic Gardens.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including Dayton United Methodist Church, First Christian Church, and Victory Christian Ctr.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,901, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,688, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,897, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,640 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $115,796 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Dayton has a dense population density of 1,641.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dayton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.53%.