Senior Living in Dayton, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Dayton, MN: 55327
- Dayton scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Dayton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Maple Grove Hospital, Anoka-metro Reg Treatment Ctr, and Mercy Hospital.
- There are 87 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ark On The River LLC, The Wellstead of Rogers and Diamondcrest Senior Living, and Wellstead of Rogers.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 341 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 121 golf courses in or around the city, including Hayden Hills Executive Golf Course, Daytona Country Club, and French Lake Executive Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Elm Creek Park Reserve, Pet Waste Management, and Rum River Central Regional Park.
- There are 142 churches in or near the city, including St John-Baptist Catholic Chr, Champlin United Methodist Chr, and Servant of Christ Lutheran Chr.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 105 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,997, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,393, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,767, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dayton has a sparse population density of 194.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dayton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.18%.