Senior Living in Dayton, Montana
Top zip codes in Dayton, MT: 59914
- Dayton scores significantly higher than the Montana average of 62.
- Dayton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Joseph Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including S and K Lp, The Retreat, and Polson Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (49% of residents).
- There are 3 golf courses in or around the city, including Polson Country Club -The Eighteen, Eagle Bend Golf Club -Lake Ridge, and Mission Mountain Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Flathead Lake State Park, Flathead Lake - Wild Horse Island State Park, and Rollins Restaurant & RV Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, and Mission Valley Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Montana has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,657, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,179, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,210, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,070 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Dayton has a very sparse population density of 16.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a short daily commute time.
- Dayton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.07%.