Senior Living in Dayton, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Dayton, NJ: 08810
- Dayton scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Dayton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Saint Peter\'s University Hospital, and University Medical Center At Princeton.
- There are 93 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Monroe, Rossmoor, and Monroe Village Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 641 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 139 golf courses in or around the city, including Greenbrier at Whittingham, The Banks Course at Forsgate Country Club, and Clearbrook Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Thompson Park, Rutgers Gardens, and Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park.
- There are 199 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Christian Center, Dayton First Presbyterian Ch, and All Nations Mission Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 287 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 174 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,352, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $105,123, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,426, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.99%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dayton has an average population density of 1,158.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dayton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.25%.