Senior Living in Dayton, Ohio
- Dayton scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Dayton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Miami Valley Hospital, Twin Valley Psychiatric System, and Children\'s Medical Center.
- There are 101 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Sanctuary at Wilmington Place, 10 Wilmington Place, and Dunbar Health & Rehab.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 509 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Dales Course at Community Golf Course, Dayton Country Club, and Madden Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, Carillon Historical Park, and RiverScape Metropark.
- There are 316 churches in or near the city, including Crutcher Jr David L, Stringer James L, and Marsh Hubert C.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 176 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 138 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,964, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,453, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,156, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Dayton has a dense population density of 2,361.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Dayton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 88.34%.