Senior Living in Dayton, Oregon
Top zip codes in Dayton, OR: 97114
- Dayton scores significantly higher than the Oregon average of 67.
- Dayton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Willamette Valley Medical Center, Willamette Valley Medical Ctr, and Providence Newberg Medical Center.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including FirCrest Community, Parkland Village, and The Cherrywood Memory Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverwood Golf Course, Michelbook Country Club, and Regulation Nine Course at Bayou Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Courthouse Square Park, County of Yamhill, and Maud Williamson State Recreation Site.
- There are 75 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Hopewell Evangelical Church, and St Paul Catholic Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 70 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,456, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,222, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,444, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,553 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,920 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.15%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Dayton has a very sparse population density of 83.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dayton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.53%.