Senior Living in Dayton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dayton, PA: 16222
- Dayton scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dayton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Acmh Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Care, Margaret Manor LLC, and Edgewood Heights.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Kittanning Country Club, Twin Lake Par 3 Golf Course, and Bostonia Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Silver Canoe Campground, Bear Ridge Camp Ground, and Redbank Valley Municipal Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Church of God of Prophecy, Kittanning Church of God, and First Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,763, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,626, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.00%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Dayton has a very sparse population density of 38.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dayton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.11%.