Senior Living in Daytona, Florida
- Daytona scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Daytona scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Halifax Health Medical Center, Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, and Floridal Hospital - Oceanside.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carlton Shores Health and Rehabilitation Center, Herald\'s Retirement Home, and The Gardens Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 232 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Daytona Beach Golf & Country Club, Indigo Lakes Golf Club, and Spruce Creek Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Daytona Beach KOA, Sugar Mill Botanical Gardens, and LPGA International.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Intrnational Christian Ctr, Allen Chapel Ame Church, and Derrick\'s Cut Masters.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 92 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,654, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,938, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,298, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,670 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,609 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.21%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Daytona receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Daytona has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Daytona has a dense population density of 2,150.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Daytona have a short daily commute time.
- Daytona has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.10%.