Senior Living in Dayville, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Dayville, CT: 06241
- Dayville scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Dayville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Day Kimball Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westview Nursing Care and Rehab, Regency Heights Of Danielson, and Masonicare Home Health and Hospice.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 92 golf courses in or around the city, including Putnam Country Club, Brooklyn Country Club, and Vineyard Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Old Furnace State Park).
- There are 64 churches in or near the city, including Union Baptist Church, Greenville Baptist Church Dial-A-Prayer, and St Anne\'s Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,331, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,828, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,664, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.22%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dayville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dayville has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Dayville has a sparse population density of 242.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dayville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dayville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.09%.