Senior Living in De Graff, Ohio
Top zip codes in De Graff, OH: 43318
- De Graff scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- De Graff scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mary Rutan Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Bellefontaine, Logan Acres Care Center, and Campbell Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherokee Hills Golf Course, Liberty Hills Golf Club, and Tree Links Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Oakdale Campground, Siegenthaler-Kaestner Esker State Nature Preserve, and Welcome Woods Family Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Roby James R and Dial-A-Prayer).
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,419, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,250, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,486, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.64%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- De Graff receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- De Graff has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- De Graff has a very sparse population density of 56.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of De Graff have a short daily commute time.
- De Graff has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.78%.