Senior Living in De Land, Illinois
Top zip codes in De Land, IL: 61839
- De Land scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- De Land scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (John & Mary Kirby Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Farmer City Rehab and Healthcare, Piatt County Nursing Home, and Maple Point.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodlawn Country Club, Monticello Golf Club, and Lake of the Woods Golf Club(Lake of The Woods Course at Lake of the Woods Golf Club ).
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lodge Park, Allerton Park & Retreat Center, and River Bend Forest Preserve.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, Church of Christ, and Kingdom Hall-Jehovah\'s Witness.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,824, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,250, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,166, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.75%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- De Land receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- De Land has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- De Land has a very sparse population density of 17.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of De Land have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- De Land has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.40%.