Senior Living in De Witt, Iowa
Top zip codes in De Witt, IA: 52742
- De Witt scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- De Witt scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Genesis Medical Center-dewitt and Mercy Medical Center-clinton).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Genesis Medical Center-Dewitt).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Springbrook Country Club, Glynn\'s Creek Golf Course, and Wapsi Oaks Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Barber Creek Wildlife Management Area, Scott County Park, and Goose Lake Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Cornerstone Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and St Ann\'s Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,723, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,814, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,480, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.49%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- De Witt receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- De Witt has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- De Witt has a very sparse population density of 65.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of De Witt have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- De Witt has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.00%.