Senior Living in De Witt, Nebraska
Top zip codes in De Witt, NE: 68341
- De Witt scores significantly higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- De Witt scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Beatrice Community Hospital & Health Center, Inc).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Czech Village, Wilber Care Center, and Homestead Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Beatrice Country Club, Hidden Acres Golf Course, and College Heights Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Dewitt City Park, West Ball Field, and Freeman School (npsrecgovdata).
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, Kingdom Hall of Jehovah\'s, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,252, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,053, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,724, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.61%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- De Witt receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- De Witt has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- De Witt has a very sparse population density of 10.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of De Witt have a long daily commute time.
- De Witt has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.12%.