Senior Living in Deadwood, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Deadwood, SD: 57732
- Deadwood scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Deadwood scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lead - Deadwood Regional Hospital - Cah).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Ridge Regional Senior Care, Black Hills Special Services, and Castle Retirement Home, Inc..
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Tomahawk Country Club, Lead Country Club, and Spearfish Canyon Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Fish \'N Fry Campground, Creekside Campground, and Wild Bill\'s Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Christian Ministries Center, Twin Cities Church of Christ, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,999, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,708, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,647, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.49%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Deadwood receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Deadwood has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Deadwood has a very sparse population density of 17.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Deadwood have an average daily commute time.
- Deadwood has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.81%.