Senior Living in Deansboro, New York
Top zip codes in Deansboro, NY: 13328
- Deansboro scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Deansboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harding Nursing Home, Brookdale Clinton, and Brookdale Clinton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Barker Brook Golf Club, Skenandoa Club, The, and Hamilton College Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Cider House Campground and Cedar Valley Campsite).
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Annunciation Church, St James Episcopal Church, and Clinton United Methodist.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,550, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,288, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,155, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.69%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Deansboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Deansboro has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Deansboro has a very sparse population density of 79.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Deansboro have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Deansboro has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.67%.