Senior Living in Dearborn, Michigan
- Dearborn scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Dearborn scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center, Oakwood Heritage Hospital, and Kindred Hosp-metro Detroit.
- There are 299 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakwood Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, Henry Ford Village, and Houston Special Needs Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1377 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 161 golf courses in or around the city, including Dearborn Country Club, Dearborn Hills Golf Course, and Tournament Players Club of Michigan.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Mic-Mac Park, Cass Park, and Ojibway Prairie Provincial Nature Reserve.
- There are 630 churches in or near the city, including Mariannhill Mission Society, St Barbara\'s Parish, and St Clement Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 592 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 173 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,664, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,601, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,848, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.81%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dearborn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dearborn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dearborn has a dense population density of 3,885.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dearborn have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Dearborn has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 79.92%.