Senior Living in Deatsville, Alabama
Top zip codes in Deatsville, AL: 36022
- Deatsville scores lower than the Alabama average of 72.
- Deatsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Prattville Baptist Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Merry Wood Lodge , Charlton Place Rehab and Healthcare Center, and Prattville Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Legislator Course at Capitol Hill Golf Club, Pines Golf Club, The, and Prattville Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Whispering Oaks Camping, Confederate Memorial Park, and Upper Kingston Park.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Lake Hill Baptist Church, Liberty Baptist Church, and Jones Chapel-Ame Zion Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,424, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,013, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,831, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,800 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,449 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,980 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Deatsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Deatsville has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Deatsville has a sparse population density of 144.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Deatsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Deatsville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.44%.