Senior Living in Debary, Florida
Top zip codes in Debary, FL: 32713
- Debary scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Debary scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, Central Florida Regional Hospital, and Florida Hospital Deland.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Debary Health and Rehabilitation Center, Shady Lane, and Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 223 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including DeBary Golf & Country Club, Glen Abbey Golf Club, and Orange Citry Golf Club, The.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Gemini Springs Dog Park, Blue Spring State Park, and Green Springs Park.
- There are 67 churches in or near the city, including Saint Ann\'s Catholic Church, First Presbyterian Church, and Deltona Alliance Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 116 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,604, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,463, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,396, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,670 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,609 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.32%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Debary receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Debary has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Debary has an average population density of 942.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Debary have a long daily commute time.
- Debary has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.65%.