Senior Living in Decatur, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Decatur, AR: 72722
- Decatur scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Decatur scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ozarks Community Hospital Of Gravette and Siloam Springs Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bentonville Manor Nursing Home, Billy V Hall Senior Complex, and Siloam Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at Bentonville Golf & Athletic Club, Siloam Springs Country Clu, and Dawn Hill Golf & Racquet Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wild Wilderness Drive Through, Wilderness Hills RV Park, and Logan Cave National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Mason Valley Baptist Church, Assembly of God Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,265, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,571, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,876, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,337 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,325 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.93%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Decatur receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Decatur has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Decatur has a very sparse population density of 74.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Decatur have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Decatur has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 63.38%.