Senior Living in Decatur, Georgia
- Decatur scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Decatur scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Decatur Hospital, Georgia Reg Hosp At Atlanta, and Emory University Hospital.
- There are 198 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Norwood Christian Care Home, Golden Livingcenter - Glenwood, and Usher Residential and Community Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 926 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including East Lake Golf Club, Charlie Yates Golf Course, and Autumn/Spring Course at Atlanta International Golf & Country Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Winnona Park, Fernbank Forest, and Candler Park.
- There are 390 churches in or near the city, including Belvedere Seventh Day Advntst, Peace Baptist Church, and Bethel Original Free Will Bpts.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 563 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 33 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,721, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,569, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,745, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.52%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Decatur receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Decatur has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Decatur has a dense population density of 3,156.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Decatur have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Decatur has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.98%.