Senior Living in Decatur, Illinois
- Decatur scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Decatur scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Decatur Memorial Hospital and St Marys Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Decatur, Eagle Ridge , and Symphony of Decatur.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Steven\'s Creek Golf Course, Faries Park Golf Course, and Country Club of Decatur.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Graceland-Fairlawn Funeral Home and Cemetery, Horace B Garman Park, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 88 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, St Patrick Church, and St Thomas Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.28% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,543, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,893, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,026, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,153 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,365 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Decatur receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Decatur has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Decatur has an average population density of 1,081.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Decatur have a very short daily commute time.
- Decatur has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.68%.