Senior Living in Decatur, Texas
Top zip codes in Decatur, TX: 76234
- Decatur scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Decatur scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Wise Regional Health System and Wise Regional Health System).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Place of Decatur , The Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Senior Care Health and Rehabilitation Decatur.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Decatur Country Club, Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch, and Bridgeport Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Parking Spot 1, Bluebonnet Nudist Park, and Clear Lake LBJ Grasslands.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (1St United Methodist Church and First Baptist Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.88% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,841, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,320, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,514, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Decatur receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Decatur has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Decatur has a very sparse population density of 50.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Decatur have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Decatur has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.76%.