Senior Living in Deepwater, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Deepwater, NJ: 08023
- Deepwater scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Deepwater scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Meadow Wood Behavioral Hlth, Delaware Psychiatric Center, and St Francis Hospital.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Southgate Health Care Center, Carneys Point Care Center and Rehabilitation, and Home For Aged Women Minquadale Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 408 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Sakima Country Club, North Course at Hercules Country Club, and Rock Manor Golf Club.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including First State National Historical Park, Fort Christina Park, and Battery Park.
- There are 368 churches in or near the city, including Our Merciful Savior Church, St James Roman Catholic Church, and Shiloh Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 237 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $35,221, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,554, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,453, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Deepwater receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Deepwater has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Deepwater has a sparse population density of 455.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Deepwater have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Deepwater has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.08%.