Senior Living in Delano, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Delano, PA: 18220
- Delano scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Delano scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital, Hazleton General Hospital, and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Shenandoah Senior Living Community, and St. Luke\'s MIners Campus.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Tuscarora State Park and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,475, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,944, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,408, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Delano receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Delano has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Delano has a sparse population density of 374.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Delano have a very short daily commute time.
- Delano has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.88%.