Senior Living in Delmar, New York
Top zip codes in Delmar, NY: 12054
- Delmar scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Delmar scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Albany Medical Center Hospital, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including NRP National Retirement Partners, Atria Delmar Place, and Capital District Ddos.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 322 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Skene Valley Country Club, Normanside Country Club, and Colonial Acres Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, Cornell Cooperative Extension, and Washington Park.
- There are 313 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Bethlehem Lutheran Church, and St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 170 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 112 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $103,999, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $91,255, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,740, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.96%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Delmar receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Delmar has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Delmar has an average population density of 1,095.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Delmar have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Delmar has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.18%.