Senior Living in Dennis Port, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Dennis Port, MA: 02639
- Dennis Port scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Dennis Port scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cape Cod Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Eagle Pond, Windsor Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Thirwood Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 158 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Rock Golf Course, Bass River Golf Course, and Harwich Port Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Hart Farm, Campers Haven Campground, and Old Chatham Road RV Campground.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Mid-cape Assembly of God, United Methodist Church, and St David\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 69 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 52 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,716, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,900, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,996, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.15%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dennis Port receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dennis Port has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dennis Port has an average population density of 1,039.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dennis Port have an average daily commute time.
- Dennis Port has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.05%.