Senior Living in Denver, Colorado
- Denver scores higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Denver scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 26 hospitals within close range of the city, including Presbyterian/st Luke\'s Medical Center, Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, and Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 305 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Uptown Health Care Center, Health Center at Franklin Park, and Community at Franklin Park.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1279 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 87 golf courses in or around the city, including Harvard Gulch Golf Course, Denver Country Club, and Denver City Park Golf Course.
- There are 37 parks near the city center, including Civic Center Park, Cheesman Park, and Denver Botanic Gardens.
- There are 667 churches in or near the city, including Mother of God Catholic Church, South Broadway Christian Chr, and Cathedral Immaculate Cncptn.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 575 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 47 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 331 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,567, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,910, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,729, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,295 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.58%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Denver receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Denver has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Denver has a dense population density of 5,562.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Denver have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Denver has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 83.80%.