Senior Living in Denver, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Denver, PA: 17517
- Denver scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Denver scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ephrata Community Hospital, Wernersville State Hospital, and Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cocalico Christian Home, Colonial Lodge, and Denver Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 179 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawk Valley Golf Club, Springside Par 3 Golf Course, and Foxchase Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lake-In-Wood Campground, Conrad Weiser Homestead, and Nolde Forest State Park.
- There are 182 churches in or near the city, including Muddy Creek Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Old Order Wisler Mennonite Ch.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 118 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,606, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,096, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,517, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.08%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Denver receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Denver has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Denver has a sparse population density of 440.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Denver have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Denver has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.54%.