Senior Living in Depew, New York
Top zip codes in Depew, NY: 14043
- Depew scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Depew scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Hospital, Western Ny Children\'s Center, and Upstate New York Va Healthcare System (western Ny.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elderwood at Lancaster, People, and Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 565 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Harris Hill Golf Center, Fox Valley Club, The, and Lancaster Country Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, Glen Park, and Amherst State Park.
- There are 348 churches in or near the city, including St Augustine Roman Catholic, Our Lady of Blessed Sacrament, and St Peter & Paul Rc Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 333 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 150 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,599, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,558, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,409, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.00%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Depew receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Depew has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Depew has a dense population density of 2,845.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Depew have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Depew has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.54%.